How to Open The Console In CS:GO (Enable and Use Developer Console)
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is one of the most customizable first-person shooters that's popular today. Rather than having all of this functionality built into the settings menu, much of it can instead be used by the built-in developer's console.
In this walk-through, we'll show you how to enable and open the CS:GO console, plus cover a few basic commands.
How to Open the CS:GO Console
By default, the console is disabled, so we'll first have to enable it.
- Open Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on your computer.
- Click the "Settings" icon.
- Under your settings, go to Game > Game and toggle "Enable Developer Console" to Yes.
- By default, the "~" key is bound to open the console. However, you can bind console open to any other key by navigating to Keyboard/Mouse > UI Keys and changing your "Toggle Console" key bind.
- You should now be able to open the console by pressing "~" on your keyboard or by pressing the key you bound in the last step.
Using the Console
Now that you can open the console, you can use it to create binds, change the appearance of your game, get performance data, and more.
For example, you can type the command "cl_showfps 1" to show your fps in-game.
Your fps will now be displayed in the upper left-hand corner of your game.
Another example of using the CS:GO console is to create a buy bind (which can easily be done using our CS:GO Buy Bind Generator). Enter the command (bind "kp_enter" "buy ak47;buy vesthelm;buy flashbang;buy smokegrenade;buy molotov;";) without the parenthesis into your console.
The enter key on your numpad now lets you buy an AK-47, Kevlar Vest + Helmet, Flashbang, Smoke, and Molotov during the buy period by pressing just one key,